Many companies invest heavily in their project management processes and tools, improving their ability to keep initiatives on-time and on-budget. However, project management pays dividends only if the projects you’ve chosen to undertake have intrinsic value, are aligned with your corporate goals and have sufficient resources invested to take them across the finish line.
Ensuring you are working on the right projects is the raison d’etre of portfolio management. If your organization carefully chooses projects that balance risk and reward, short- and long-term returns, novel and established technologies, and new and mature markets, you’ll dramatically increase your chances of creating meaningful growth and delighting more and more customers.
In the webinar below, we review some of the best practices in portfolio management from both a process and a tools perspective. You’ll learn:
- How little data is required to begin practicing effective portfolio management
- The operational views of project milestones and funding allocation that effectively summarize your portfolio plans
- How to perform real-time strategic capacity planning that avoids getting bogged down by details
- Why variance analysis is the key to delivering portfolio insights, and how to do it
- How scenario analysis can help you across a wide range of decisions from the most tactical to the most strategic and long-term
After the webinar, keep learning with these posts: